Need to improve website engagement? Here are some awesome, recent statistics on how web videos increase the engagement of visitors on your website.
- The idea of an “explainer” video is to, of course, explain your brand or product. Potential customers want to know more about you and what you can do for them before they jump to that contact form or checkout page. Research shows, however, that customers aren’t interested in reading about your startup. According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, one minute of video delivers the value of 1.8 million words of text. This adds up to about 3,600 typical web pages.
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- How does video marketing impact your traffic? Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site. On top of all of that, you see a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines by including more video on your site (Source: MarketingSherpa).
- According to Internet Retailer, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text. 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video. 3 9% have called a vendor after watching a video. (Source: Forbes)
Check out these related posts for additional statistics on the benefits of web videos:
- Stats on how Videos improve Organic Search Traffic
- Stats on how Videos help convert Visitors to Leads and Customers